Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Introducing Our Slate



Introducing Our Slate

Dear Friends and Neighbors,

We are happy to announce our slate:

Gang Chen for Mayor of Irvine 2016
Ian Daelucian for Irvine City Council 2016
Matthew Ehorn for Irvine City Council 2016

The following is some detailed information:

Gang Chen Platform and Bio
Irvine is a good city, however, there is definitely room for improvement. For example, Irvine's ranking on Money Magazine's "Best Places to Live" list dropped from No. 6 in 2012 to No. 14 in 2014, and dropped again to No. 20 in 2016. The main reasons for this are the traffic problems and housing prices.

My name is Gang (pronounced "Gong") Chen. I have been a resident of Irvine since 1997. I am a Christian, a USC alumnus, a licensed architect in California, and an expert in LEED, green buildings and sustainable development.

Like many Americans, I worked hard and realized my American dream. I am NOT a career politician. I am one of you, and I will be your voice in Irvine City government. Irvine started as a ranch with a family. I am lucky enough to be blessed with a family of my own. All of my children attend public schools in Irvine, and participate in Irvine Swim League.

I am running for the Mayor of Irvine to make Irvine better.  My campaign platform is one vision with three focuses.  The vision I have for Irvine is to become a real first class city while still maintaining its unique features such as having many parks and green spaces, nice architecture, and a relaxing family ranch feeling as well as being the safest city in the nation. My focuses are traffic, managed growth, and education.

Career politicians turned the Great Park into the biggest scandal in Irvine history. (See the OC Grand Jury report on the Great Park scandal at my website: GangChenUSA.com.) I am a licensed architect in California with decades of experience in design and construction. I’ll stop the career politicians and special interest groups and protect you, our taxpayers’ interest in the Great Park.

My first name is Gang, so we use “Join Our Gang for a Better Irvine” as our slogan. Now you’ll never forget me.

I would be honored to have your vote.

See GangChenUSA.com for the latest updates.

Paid for by Gang Chen for Mayor 2016, FPPC# 1379051        


Ian Daelucian Platform and Bio
Every city needs and deserves a well-rounded council, one with diverse perspectives and skills, one that seeks to build a sustainable community for future generations and one that values collective progress over personal gain.
My name is Ian Daelucian. I’ve been a resident of Irvine since 2009. I earned two BAs in drama and philosophy from UC Irvine in 2012, and an MFA in stage management in 2016. I worked throughout my college education to support my family, and I also serve as executive director of The Heart of Delight, a nonprofit I founded in 2013 to support poverty alleviation.
If elected as councilmember, I will address our immediate needs (commerce, transportation, arts & culture, public health), and glean foresight into what our needs will be 20 – 50 years from now (renewable energy and sustainability) in order to build foundations to invite in a better future, not only for the current generations, but also for our children that will inherit this land.
These are just a few among a reservoir of innovative ideas to build on Irvine’s current strengths and create a more sustainable future as one of the safest, healthiest, and most compassionate cities in America.
A question I get most often is, “why are you getting into politics?”

My response simply is: “I am not, nor do I have the desire.”

I am affirming a leadership role and embracing the duty of a responsible global citizen in a local community to realize a vision of a sustainable future.
Politics divides people by its nature. Imagine if all 11 city council candidates worked together to solve the issues we face instead of being pitted against one another in a race to the finish line. Politics, by its nature, is competitive and not cooperative. To realize our greatest potential, we must work together.

I am a visionary and an idealist. I am never satisfied with the status quo and I always challenge myself to do better, and be better. I believe progress is imperative; foresight and compassion can guide our actions to achieve it responsibly and humanely.
As councilmember, I will root out political stagnation, refocus the lens of leadership on policies that safeguards our future, and do what is necessary to ensure that our children will inherit a providential place they can call home.
See Daelucian.comfor the latest updates.

Matthew Ehorn Platform and Bio
AVAILIBILITY
The most important part of being an elected official (public servant) is to be available for those who are being served. Knowing that often times it is very difficult to reach an elected official Matthew will be in office 5 days a week to listen to the concerns of Irvine and work towards implementing necessary changes to increase the quality of life in this great city. Matthew also understands the true meaning of being an elected official. Matthew says that elected officials are there to serve the people at whatever capacity is necessary. Matthew has listed his personal contact information in hopes that the residents of Irvine will reach out to him when they are in need of service. Matthew wants to serve you in every way; from making policies, to helping you with the notorious Saturday landscaping day, and that is a promise!

COMMUNITY
The great thing about an involved community is there are no limits to what can be accomplished. Irvine has already accomplished the greatest task of all by the community coming together to make their home safe for their family and all those who come to visit. Matthew will implement more city activities and will work on distributing the activities more effectively so that the whole family can come and play.
As many of us know traffic is a very big issue here in Irvine. Irvine's rapid growth has superseded its ability to manage the flow of traffic. Many have tried to add different features to our signals in hopes to synchronize traffic, but it has not been effective. Irvine's master plan needs to be assessed and changed in order to properly support the increasing population. In conjunction with the residents of Irvine Matthew will work towards implementing a public transportation system within the city to reduce the number of cars on the road way.  

ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
Though the City of Irvine has been working towards being environmentally friendly they have not done enough. Matthew will be working together with the great tax payers of Irvine and other elected officials to make Irvine run 100% off of renewable energy. The time is now to be climate conscious! Please click here for the current environmental policies.

SUSTAINABILITY
There is no denying the great job that all of our past elected officials did in governing and creating policies that has helped Irvine to be the city it is today. Irvine is the safest city in America 11 years in a row. Irvine is also one of the fastest growing economies in the country. Irvine needs to continue to support its local businesses and continue to offer the best education in the state to attract quality businesses and students. Matthew and the other elected officials will continue to grow the city and work off of the great structure that has already been established. 
See ElectMatthewEhorn.com for the latest updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment